Tuesday 14 February 2012

My how the Universe speaks!




Valentines Day is here and my Husband made me Breakfast in bed & i received a card Handmade by Marianne's craft room, so i had a lovely morning.



 I've also had a bit of a change around on the blog site today, as i want it to be more movable. id  like to know how i go about finding & following other peoples crafty blogs I'm sure there is a real simple way...I've just not seen it yet! so any advice would be greatly received.


A Tangle Ring in the making :)
 I've only made a few bits this week and since I've been in a bit of a new age kinda mood the crafty bits that i made reflected that. The Ring  on the Mandrel was easy to make, the hardest bit was to make the ring shank more sturdy. i managed to do this by doubling  the wire round the mandrel, from a 2 loop to  4 loop. then i started the wire work & bead threading.








Weave Ring




Thumb Ring
The Weave Ring was an easy design wrapping the wire round the Mandrel 3 times putting on the desired beads, then using pliers to curve the front of the ring to create a Weaving pattern


Thumb Ring & Weave Ring
Next on the list was a Simple bead design using a double Tiara, i used 0.04 wire & thread the tiny beads on, it was quite relaxing, even though our dogs were running around like things from a Benny Hill sketch!!
simple design.


Anyhow i decided to make a Ring to match, A Swirl Ring, that is in the shape of a figure 8. This is symbol for prosperity and is said to attract money & good fortune. So ill let you know!!

So in between all this making I’ve been doing some thinking (surprise, surprise) and it started with self-reflection, I’ve felt lost and bereft these past few weeks. there has been a deep sense of loss at the very core of me, a feeling I have only ever felt once before (when my Mam passed away) so to stop us all feeling suicidal and boring you to submission I shall tell a long process short! I started to go back to my basic core beliefs, letting go of all I had become and believe that life has an energy of its own and that life communicates with us every day…we just need to listen. My own leap of faith!


Anyhow its been freezing this past week and a plant that belonged to my mother was in the conservatory- it froze, I noticed the leaves had turned black, when I brought it into the house it began to flop and collapse , i thought  at least if it was still in the conservatory  it would look alive, but that is no answer and deep down id know it was dying! I had no choice but to do the very thing I had to do within myself….cut it back to basics, it was so hard to cut the broken washed out steams from my Mams plant, but I had to do it. I’m tending to its needs at the moment, watering it, keeping it warm and loving it….this was so mirrored what was happening to me on an internal level.

There have been lots of times I have had the universe speak to me, one particular time I recall was I had recently become single and had taken myself away for a few days, as I walked along the beach front, thinking of how I may never experience true love, I saw some work lorries driving in the sand and In the sand I saw the tyres had made two hearts, I couldn’t believe it, I took a pic (below) and thought "wow if my Mam was here now!", I turned to look at the beach huts only to face one called “me & thee” a saying my Mam often said! I was gob smacked. The universe was talking to me once again, a few months later I contacted my 1st real love and now we’re married.

Obviously now is a time when i need to change my perspective on life & it happens to coincide with my colorimeter testing i had done last week, i looked through a machine and they placed coloured lights onto some text and i had to choose which colours worked best for me, some where awful, some where ok, some i couldn't even see!  Anyhow it topped up i need purple lenses to help with my vision,as soon as the glasses are here i will have a new perspective on things lmao!

No comments:

Post a Comment